Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lost in the 70s


The only thing getting me through the disgusting rain and weather in Vancouver is knowing that in only a few short months I will stuffing my many thick jackets in the front hall closet and bringing out my mini skirts, maxi dresses, and high waisted shorts.
My favorite spring 2011 trend is the throwback to the 1970s. When spring comes I’ll be channeling style icons such as Bianca Jagger, Bridget Bardot, and Ali Macgraw.
There are a few key pieces every girl will need in her wardrobe come spring, so take notes. Beaded vests are a must along with hot pants and printed jumpsuits.  I’ll be pairing hot pants and mini skirts with thigh high socks, thick wedges or over the knee boots, and covering my arms with piles of chunky bangles, large stones cuffs, and stringing beads around my neck to complete my 70’s inspired looks. Don’t forget to add some fun to your look by putting fresh flowers in your hair! 






No comments:

Post a Comment