Sunday, January 16, 2011

Personal Style

Do you look better in huge oversized shades or small, Lennon-like sunglasses? How does a beret suit you? What about a tricorne hat? Are you more comfortable with a tiny clutch or an enormous bag that fit's your entire life in it? It's important to think and notice these things about yourself so you can begin figuring out what your style really is.
Defining personal style can clearly be a challenge but let’s give it a try nonetheless...
In my opinion style is a way of putting yourself together according to your mood and having enough confidence to show who you really are no matter what. It’s important to experiment with your clothing, you never know what’s going to work for you unless you give it a try, so go forth my children and wear the most daring and existing thing you can pull together, it could change your outlook on everything....or it could be a total disaster and you could end up looking like an idiot for the day...either way you’ll learn something new about yourself and isn't that worth it?
Feel free to make mistakes with your outfits - if you're not making mistakes then you're not pushing the envelope hard enough, and that will make getting dressed every morning extremely boring.
When I am out and about, I am constantly noticing what people are wearing around me (I can’t help it, it's like a disease). I find that I am always more intrigued by the people who have tried something a little bit different with their outfit, something is always slightly off but it makes them more appealing somehow. 
Anyways I'm rambling too much, let’s take a look at a few people who I think have amazing personal style and go from there...




Kate Moss can wear absolutely anything and still look like herself, she knows exactly how to combine different pieces to make a unique look all her own. 



Mary kate and Ashley Olsen have incredible personal style, they prefer to start trends instead of follow them.




Last but definitely not least, Chloe Sevigny. She has remarkable personal style, she's not afraid to push the limits and just go for it. I love love love her!

So to conclude this post I am giving you all a little bit of homework...yes i said homework!
Tomorrow morning instead of reaching for jeans and a t-shirt or whatever it is you usually wear, try mixing it up and wearing something different. I know there's something in your closet that you're too afraid to wear because you're not sure if it's 'cool' or 'trendy'. Well I say suck it up and just wear it! And wear it proudly, you'll be glad you did, no matter what the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment